45kms South of Blackall on the Adavale Road
Area and Tenure
11049.6405 Hectares (27293 Acres) GHPL
Approx. 5540 acres of additional stock route
Homebush is comprised of a very diverse and strong mix of country. The country types can roughly be split into
- 60% Gidyea country, which grows a tremendous body of Buffel grass with terrific herbages & Gidyea burr in season on the pebble country.
- 20% predominately Downs country, which is lightly timbered with Boree Bauhinia & Leopard Wood. The Downs country grows a good mix of Mitchell, Buffel, Flinders & Button grasses, plus herbages in season.
- 20% consists of channels along the Ravensbourne & Hope creeks with magnificent Coolibah trees along the channels, interspersed with Gidyea and prolific stands of Buffel and native grasses.
Fencing and Paddocks
“Homebush” has a very good boundary fence on all sides and is feral fenced with one neighbour. Internally, fencing is in good stock proof condition with both 7 and 5 wire sheep fencing to 4 barbs. “Homebush” has 10 main paddocks, with 6 holding paddocks and a laneway linking the paddocks on the eastern side to the yards.
The property is watered via two share bores. There are 3 tanks & troughs on the western side supplied via the Athol Bore and the remainder is watered by the Lorne bore. There are water holes along the Ravensbourne & Hope Creeks, plus dams. The house and garden are connected to dam & bore water.
19 inches per annum
1300 breeders or 2000 backgrounder / bullocks, or sheep equivalent
Rural power, internet, Prep to Year 12 in Blackall, mail run twice a week, Blackall Saleyards.
- 4 Bedroom Queenslander Homestead
- Machinery shed
- Cattle yards with large cooler / receival yards
“Homebush” has a terrific variety of country, allowing year round production. A heavy carrying block, which would suit numerous enterprises fattening, backgrounding, breeding cattle or equally suited to sheep. Well located with good access to Blackall and Roma Saleyards, also Southern feedlots and processors with the ability to target various markets.
For genuine sale at $200 per acre.
# Photos are of previous years, not present grass cover